Accident Attorney | Abogado de Accidentes
accident attorney |
Abogado de Accidentes
Houston Accident Attorneys
Accident happen, and if you Are the victim you may need an aggressive accident lawyer
Houston TX has more than its fare share of vehicle accidents. The Houston Police Department and City of Houston both work hard to minimize accidents. But…
Accidents happen. That’s the reality. Car accidents happen and you (or one of your loved ones) may be the victim. A vehicle accident (car or truck) can cause serious health injury to you, your passengers, or property injury or both. A car accident lawyer can fight for your rights and, best of all, work on a contingency basis (no fees unless we win).
Common Questions on HOUSTON Accidents
Accidents of all types happen not just in Houston but throughout Harris County. Not just car accidents, but trucking accidents, pedestrian accidents and other types of vehicle accidents. Our team of Houston lawyers receives many questions from accident victims after an accident. Remember: call us at 713-800-0000.
Here are some of our most common:
- Q. What should you do after a car accident in Houston?
- First and foremost, “preserve the scene!” That is, do not move the vehicles so that the investigating officer can determine who was at fault. You can also offer to help the driver or passengers of the other vehicle, but do not admit to any fault or make any apologies for the accident, even if you think it could be your fault. Take pictures of your vehicle, the scene, as well as photos of the other vehicle. You can also take a photo of the other party’s driver’s license, license plate, and insurance information. The damage to the other vehicle is relevant in determining the mechanism of your own injuries. Take the names and phone number of any witnesses. Remember: you’re not an attorney, so don’t admit fault as realistically only a trained legal team can assess who is at fault.
- Q. Will your insurance go up after a vehicle accident?
- This depends. Insurance rates vary by person, and definitely here in Texas, insurance companies can raise rates after accidents, especially if you are fault. Obviously one accident is quite different than multiple accidents. The major issue is who is at fault. This is yet another reason why you should not admit to fault, and speak with a trained law firm in the Houston area a.s.a.p.
- Q. Can you sue someone after a car wreck?
- Everyone has rights under Texas law, and that includes the victims in a car accident in Houston or elsewhere in Harris County. Especially if you or your passengers have suffered an injury, you can definitely sue. That said, the first step is to contact a car crash lawyer to evaluate your situation. A Houston accident lawyer will work with the insurance companies, first, to negotiate and it may not be necessary to go all the way to a trial. Insurance companies are not eager to pay out; having an attorney represent you means you’re “serious” and tends to encourage them to play fair.
- Q. What about a minor accident?
- All accidents should be reported to your insurance company, but what constitutes a “minor” accident can really vary. Even a small accident can cause significant damage to your car; health impacts may not be visible immediately.Don’t be the judge of what is “minor” or not when it comes to car wrecks or other types of vehicle accidents. Our team of Houston lawyers can address your needs immediately!
- Q. How can you get the police report from the Houston Police Department?
- If the police were called, it can take a few days for them to enter the police report in the system. While you as a citizen can request your police report from the Houston police department, a better step is to use an attorney. A team of hard-working car accident lawyers right here in Cameron County can handle all of this for you – from getting your police report, to negotiating with both your insurance and the insurance of the other party to get a fair settlement. Best of all: you pay nothing unless we win. We work on what is called a “contingency fee” basis, if we accept your case.
- Q. How long until I get my settlement after a car accident?
- This really depends on the complexity of the vehicle accident, your insurance and that of the other party, and whether your accident case goes to trial. Every accident is different and getting a settlement can really vary. A few months is typical, but it can take much longer. The best step is to speak with a Houston personal injury law firm.
- Q. How to report a car accident in the City of Houston?
- If you are in a car accident, simply dial 911. The best step is to call the Houston police right after the accident vs. waiting. If the police come, they will do a report on the accident. This is the official documentation as to what happened. Then, if you are injured or suffer any type of damage, an experienced accident attorney can help you fight against insurance to get the settlement you deserve. So, first, stay safe and do what is necessary for the physical safety of you and your passengers (as well as the other car or truck involved in the accident). Then, call 911 and the Houston police department. And, finally, call the offices of our Houston team so that you can speak with a personal injury lawyer in Harris County.
More on Your Accident and Legal Rights
Thousands of accidents happen every day, and quite a few here in Houston and Harris County. Texas drivers can be, well, let’s just say rather “crazy.” We get more than our share of injury accidents, including truck wrecks on the roads in and around Houston. The airports – IAH (Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport) and HOU (Houston Hobby) – seems to have more than their fair share of injury car and truck wrecks. This may be because everyone is “in a hurry” getting to an airport in Houston, or it may be just due to high volume.
Regardless, we encourage you to seek legal help. Personal injury law in Texas is complex and requires a team of attorneys with deep, practical experience. If you miss something while handling the case yourself you risk losing money and not being able to pay for your damages. There’s also a chance that you have to battle large teams of adjusters and lawyers put together by insurance companies. They are professionals. Don’t you want a professional on your side, too? The Villarreal Law Firm has the experience and knowledge required to level the playing field.
Free Case Review
Historical Factoid on Houston Texas
Two brothers, J.K. and A.C. Allen, founded Houston on August 30, 1836 just a few months after the end of the Texas War for Independence. They named the new settlement for the hero of that war, General Sam Houston. From 1841 to 1939, Houston municipal government was headquartered at Old Market Square, on a site donated to the City by Houston’s founder, the Allen brothers. The City Hall on Market Square was destroyed by fire in the 1870’s, and again in 1901, and rebuilt each time.